As durable and reliable as they may be, HVAC units occasionally have issues. Some of these hiccups can be handled by owners, but most will require professional attention. According to experienced technicians, these are the most common HVAC repair jobs they complete:
1. Clean or replace the filter. Every time you run your home heating or cooling system, dirt, dust, and
Vail AZ 85641 other debris is prevented from entering the indoor space by the unit’s filter. When the filter inevitably gets dirty and clogged by air particles, it must be emptied or replaced. But because many homeowners forget to complete this necessary maintenance task, they encounter operational issues. Problems often include a reduction in airflow and premature wear to vital parts and components.
2. Vail AZ 85641 Damaged gas valve. Needed to provide heating during the cold months, the gas valve controls the flow of gas that helps heat the air pumped into your abode. But because it is exposed to the elements, this valve may experience corrosion and fail to operate as needed. When this occurs, the component must be replaced by a trained technician.
Vail AZ 85641 confusion. As the technology continues to advance, thermostats have gotten even more confusing for many users. Designed to control your home heating and cooling system, these devices sometimes leave users scratching their collective heads. According to service professionals, many users mistakenly believe that their thermostats are on the fritz, when they are merely turned off. With that said, it is Vail AZ 85641 often a good idea to have an HVAC repair expert program the unit for you, and then show you how to use it.
4. Blown Fuses. Located in the evaporator coil of your home unit, fuses prevent overheating of the motor or compressor. If a motor is on its last legs, its fuses will often fail as the breaker continually trips. Vail AZ 85641 As a result, they are one of the first things a technician will check in older units that are well past their prime.
5. Clogged drain lines. Dirt and other debris can cause obstructions in the drain lines, which will cause the drain pan to overflow with water. In time, this issue could result in significant water damage to the unit’s Vail AZ 85641 housing. A complicated cleaning job, this common maintenance issue should be handled by an HVAC repair professional.
6. Refrigerant leak. If your central air system is blowing warm air when it should be blowing cold, there’s a good chance the refrigerant is leaking from either the condenser or evaporator coils. Even with the help of an HVAC repair professional, these leaks Vail AZ 85641 cannot be fixed; the parts must simply be replaced.
7. Bad compressor. Arguably the most important component in your A/C unit, the compressor is an industrious little part that can seize up if the refrigerant is either too low or too high. Though you can add or remove refrigerant on your own, it is often best to request professional service.
If you Vail AZ 85641 encounter any of the aforementioned issues, contact an HVAC repair technician as soon as possible.